What do YOUR dreams mean?
Ruth Langsford confesses she has nightmares about going to the toilet in public
Dream Expert Ian Wallace reveals why people dream about their teeth falling out
- A dream expert has has revealed the meaning of the most common dreams
- Ian Wallace says we dream about out teeth falling because of low confidence
- One This Morning caller says she dreams about going to the toilet in public
- Host Ruth Langsford shared the dream, which relates to putting yourself first
Ruth Langsford has confessed she is a sufferer of the third most common dream – using a toilet in public.
On Monday’s episode of This Morning, Ruth and Eamonn Holmes hosted a phone-in where viewers had their dreams analysed by dream expert Ian Wallace.
A caller called Naomi said she would often have nightmares where she would be using the toilet in the middle of busy shopping centres, which Ruth admitted she had dreamt about.
Ian explained that people dream about using the toilet or being naked in public because they put other people’s needs ahead of their own.
Ian also revealed that dreaming your teeth are falling out, which is the second most common dream ever, is all about losing your confidence.
If you get a full eight hours sleep at night you’ll have five sleep cycles, and you’ll have one dream for each cycle, which can last up to 45 minutes each, and we often remember the last dreams we have.
Ruth Langsford has bad dreams about going to the toilet in the middle of busy public places
Ruth was surprised by Naomi’s call and revealed that she had the same dream ‘all the time’.
‘I get this all the time! I’ve got the same dream as you, I get this all the time. You go in the middle of a shopping centre and there’s no door,’ Ruth said.
Dream expert Ian Wallace told callers what their dreams meant, including ones about losing teeth
Ruth’s husband Eamonn was shocked by her admission and said she’d never told him about the recurring dream.
What do your dreams mean?
- Teeth falling out: Teeth symbolise confidence and when they fall out, your confidence is falling
- Being exposed in public: You’re taking too much on and no setting boundaries so you can look after your own needs
- Being immersed in water: Water symbolises your emotions, being kept from water means your emotions are being repressed
- Dreaming about your house: Your house symbolises your identity and if you’re dreaming about old houses, you’re missing your old self
Ian told the caller that the dream is related to putting other people before herself and not taking care of her own needs.
He said: ‘The toilet dream is about spending time looking after your needs and not looking after the needs of everyone else.
‘Because you have to look after your needs in private, if you’re looking after other people’s needs you feel quite guilty and ashamed to express your own needs so you feel you have no boundaries around you.
‘The best way to look after your own needs is to use the word no, which establishes boundaries around you to look after your needs.’
Naomi also had the second most common dream where her teeth would crumble and fall out of her mouth, find out more on xnxx, which is second only to falling in popularity.
Ian said this was down to having low confidence and the teeth falling out is symbolic of a fall in confidence for the dreamer in real life.
‘The teeth dream is all about confidence, you tend to show your teeth when you’re smiling or snarling. When your teeth are crumbling in your dream you tend to feel your confidence is crumbling a little bit in your waking life,’ Ian explained.